- What have been your best moments from the past year?
- What have been your biggest challenges from the past year?
- What has surprised you about the past year?
- How do you feel your growth (personal, professional, etc.) has been impacted over the past year?
- How do you feel about your plans for the upcoming year? Why?
- Home is where the ____ is! What features are important to you when choosing a town, city, or place to live?
- Is there a specific place (city, state, country) that has those characteristics? Tell us about it.
- What about turn-offs? What characteristics would make you NOT want to live somewhere?
- Do you want to live in the place(s) where you grew up? Why or why not?
Dates: 11/15/2017 – 5/5/2018
- This week we want to hear about what it means to be a thriving young person. Describe what it would look like to live your best life.
- Tell us about something or someone that helps you live your best life.
- Specifically, what could your school do to help you live your best life? (now or in the past)
- What keeps you from living your best life, if anything?
- MyVoice wants to know how being in nature affects you! First, what do you think of when you hear the word “nature”?
- No matter how you define “nature,” we want to know how you spend your time in it. How do you interact with nature in your life? Send us a pic!
- How does being in nature affect how you feel physically?
- How does being in nature affect how you feel emotionally/ mentally?
- Thinking about how much time you spend in nature now, do you wish you could spend more or less time in nature? Why?
- COVID-19 has changed so much in our lives. During the pandemic, how have you or your family been getting groceries (in-person, pick-up, delivery)? Why?
- If you or your family have shopped for groceries online during the pandemic, was it pick-up or delivery? How did it go?
- During the pandemic, have you or your family changed the types of food you are buying (more/less snacks, fruits, vegetables, etc.)? Tell us about it.
- Do you live in an urban, suburban, or rural area?
- Do you or anyone in your household receive SNAP benefits (also known as food stamps)?
Intro: This week is all about you. We want to hear your thoughts on the meaning or purpose in your life.
- Do you ever think about the meaning or purpose of your life? If yes, how often?
- What gives your life meaning or purpose? Tell us as much as you can!
- On a scale of 1 to 4 (1 = “very unclear” 4 = “very clear”), how clear is your meaning or purpose in life?
- Who or what encourages you to think about your meaning or purpose in life?
- Do you wish you had more help in finding meaning or purpose in your life? What would be helpful?
Dates: 11/1/2017 – 4/21/2018
- This week we want to talk about self-care. Self-care is different for everyone, but in general, it involves doing things for your own well-being. How important is self-care to you? Why?
- How do you care for your physical health?
- How do you care for your mental health?
- What are ways you care for your relationships?
- What are your goals for self-care in the coming year?
- Alright, so first we want to talk about sleep. Do you feel that you get enough sleep?
- What keeps you from getting enough sleep?
- How important do you think sleep is to your health? Why?
- How many hours of sleep do you get on an average weeknight?
- Experts recommend that you get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. What do you think about that?
Dates: 7/5/2017 – 12/23/2017
- This week we want to talk to you about sun protection. How important do you think it is to protect your skin from the sun? Why?
- When do you protect yourself from the sun?
- How do you protect yourself from the sun?
- How many red, painful, or peeling sunburns have you had in your life: None, Few (1-4), Many (5+)? If so, have they ever blistered?
- What could be done to encourage more people to use sun protection?
- Did you compete in competitive sports in high school or college (e.g. school team, AAU, travel teams, etc.)? Tell us about it.
- Do you think transgender people should play competitive sports based on their gender identity or their sex assigned at birth? Why?
- Do you know anyone who wasn't allowed to play sports due to their gender identity? What happened?
- How do you think it impacts cisgender (not transgender) people, if trans people are allowed to play competitive sports based on their gender identity?
- How do you think it impacts trans people, if they are allowed to play competitive sports based on their gender identity?
- This week is about family caregiving (taking care of an adult relative). Have you ever had to do that?
- Describe a time when you or someone in your family took care of an adult relative.
- How do you feel about potentially taking care of an adult relative?
- How do you think taking care of an adult relative would impact your educational or career goals?
- What would help you prepare to take care of an adult relative in the future?
- Going from being a kid to an adult can be a big change. What has this transition been like for you? Why?
- What has been hard about this transition?
- What has been good about this time in your life?
- What would make this transition easier?
- What advice would you give your younger self to help you through this transition?