Youth media literacy
- We are exposed to so much media (news, tv/movies, radio/podcasts, social media, etc.) every day. Have you heard of media literacy? What do you think it is?
- Media literacy is defined as thinking critically about media messages and their effects on us (fake news, body image, stereotypes, bias, etc.). What, if anything, have you learned about media literacy, and from whom?
- How media literate do you consider yourself? Why?
- One part of media literacy is thinking about who is represented in the media. All people have multiple identities (race, gender, sexuality, disability, etc.). How are people who share your identities portrayed in the media?
- Which identities do you want to see more of in the media? Why?
Category: Internet and Phones