- Reflecting on your experiences since March, what have you found most difficult about the COVID-19 pandemic? Why?
- What have you been doing to cope with the pandemic?
- What are you most worried about as the pandemic continues?
- What have you missed out on because of the pandemic and how has it affected you?
- Tell us about something good that has happened to you during the pandemic.
- When we asked MyVoicers about health care, a lot of people brought up mental health. Is mental health care important to you? Tell us more!
- Many people experience emotional and mental health concerns. How would you know when to seek help for an emotional or mental health concern?
- Who would you want to talk to about it? Why?
- What are the reasons that people your age might NOT seek care for an emotional or mental health concern?
- What’s one thing that could improve mental health among people your age?
Intro: We want to hear your opinion about health insurance coverage of mental health treatment. A 2010 policy requires that people with health insurance get free mental health treatment.
- On a scale from 1-5, how important is this policy to you? (1= Not at all, 5= Extremely important)
- Has insurance coverage of mental health treatment helped you or someone you know? Tell us about it!
- It’s voting time! Would you vote to keep this policy, repeal it, or change it? Why?
Dates: 11/29/2017 – 5/19/2018
- We learned from you that stigma (judgement/embarrassment) plays a role in youth mental health issues. Who or what makes youth feel this stigma? Why?
- How does stigma affect someone’s ability to get help for mental health issues?
- What would make it easier for youth to get help for mental health issues?
- What do you think YOUTH could do to decrease stigma around mental health issues?
- What do you think ADULTS could do to decrease stigma around mental health issues?
- This week is about stress and resilience. When you are stressed, what do you do (both healthy and unhealthy) to manage the stress?
- Resilience means adapting to challenges/ongoing stress. Who or what helps you to be resilient when facing challenges?
- Tell us about a specific time where you showed resilience. What did you learn?
- What would help you or people your age to be more resilient?
- Sometimes things in your community or in society can get in the way of resilience. What makes it harder for you to be resilient?