Social determinants of health
- Factors in the environments where we live, learn, work, and play can affect our health. Examples include housing, food, education, safety, transportation, discrimination, etc. What factors are most important to your health?
- If you had a problem related to any of these factors, what might prevent you from seeking or receiving help?
- Do you think it is important for your doctor or medical team to ask you about these factors? Why or why not?
- If you had a problem related to any of these factors, how would you want your doctor or medical team to help?
- How would you want your doctor or medical team to communicate with you about resources or services that could help you with these problems (e.g. text, email, handout, phone call, in-person etc.)?
Category: Public Health