- Community resources are local places or services that help improve people’s lives. What resources do you have in your community?
- What are the most important community resources you feel like you need to live a safe and healthy life? Why?
- What community resources do you use most often? Why?
- What gets in the way of you using the resources in your community?
- What resources do you think are missing from your community? What makes you say that?
Intro: Politics have been in the news a lot since President Trump took office. We want to know how you are feeling about it all.
- Tell us how you think things are going overall in the US so far. What specific events or policies have made the biggest impression on you?
- How have you been feeling (emotionally/physically) since President Trump took office?
- Has the election inspired you to do anything new or different? Tell us about it!
- Have you felt stressed about politics? Tell us how you have dealt with it.
Dates: 8/23/17 – 2/10/2018
Intro: Today we want to ask you about your thoughts on the juvenile justice system.
- When youth commit a crime, the juvenile justice system determines what happens to them. What do you know about this system?
- What should happen to youth when they break the law?
- What do you think the job of the juvenile justice system should be?
- Should adults and youth be treated the same when they commit a crime? Why or why not?
- This week we want to hear about the role your race/ethnicity plays in your life. What does your race/ethnicity mean to you?
- What do you think MOST people think about your racial/ethnic group?
- How does how other people view your race affect you?
- Have you experienced or witnessed racism? Tell us about it.
- How do you think you or people your age can deal with negative experiences related to racism?
- This week is about reproductive health services like STI testing, contraception, prenatal care, etc. What types of services for youth should the government help pay for? Why?
- The federal government recently changed their rules on funding reproductive health services (Title X). Have you heard about this change?
- Clinics that get government funding for reproductive health services cannot use it to provide abortions. Now, these clinics will not get funding if they DISCUSS abortions. What do you think about this?
- Will this change impact you or anyone you know? How?
- There is a debate in some states about which bathroom transgender people are allowed to use. Have you heard about this?
- What this means is that a person who was born a female but identifies as a male can only use female bathrooms and vice versa. What do you think about this? OR What do you think about this issue?
- On a scale of 1-5, how important is this issue to you? (1-not important at all; 5-extremely important)
Dates: 7/26/2017 – 1/13/2018
- This week we want to hear your thoughts on voting. Did you vote in the last election? Why?
- Do you plan on voting in the next election? Why?
- On a scale of 1-5 (1= very easy, 5= very hard), how easy or hard do you think it is for people to vote? Why?
- What do you think keeps 18-24 year olds from voting?
- How could these issues be improved?
Dates: 11/8/2017 – 4/28/2018