I just signed up. When will I get paid?
- We send out Amazon gift card credits after your first 12 weeks of text-message participation. Every week that you get poll questions sent via text message counts as one of the weeks. If you've just signed up and are wondering--where are the questions, when am I getting paid? don't worry. It may take a few weeks for you to be entered into our participant pool. After 12 weeks of questions, we'll send you an Amazon gift card credit, by text message.
- And just as a reminder, for completing our weekly questions, you will get $1/week. If you answer every week, you will get a bonus of $3 every 3 months. This is up to $15 every three months or up to $60 per year.
Is this a scam?
- Nope, we're a real research project from the University of Michigan. Check out our official umhealthresearch.org page. We are approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of the University of Michigan Medical School (#HUM00119982). The head of MyVoice is Dr. Tammy Chang, an adolescent health researcher, family physician, and seasonal elf.
What if I’m not comfortable answering a question?
- Feel free to skip it by just texting “skip”. We do not want you to feel uncomfortable at any point. And don't worry, you will still get credit for completing that week’s questions even if you skip questions. If you have any feedback for us about any of the questions, email or text us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-249-9276.
How is my information being kept confidential?
- We store all the text messages responses on an online database with a very high level of security. Companies like Apple and Ebay trust this database service to keep their data secure. Only our study team has access to the data.
- All MyVoice data (including text message responses, name and address information) are kept strictly confidential. We never release individual information about any participant to anyone for any reason, period. We do not sell, rent or lend our contact information to any other group. Only MyVoice staff, who perform updates to the files and send out text messages, have access to your contact information.
Will someone read my text messages?
- Speaking of confidentiality, most of the time there will not be a human looking at your responses. We are going to use a computer to analyze it and learn from you! This means that if you have an urgent question about the study, make sure to contact us using the information on the “contact us” page.
How do you figure out which questions to ask?
- Good question! We try to ask questions about the things that are important to you and you might even notice we ask you what those things are! We also have a bunch of researchers in the health sciences and social sciences, as well as high school and college-aged junior researchers on our team who are interested in different topics. Please let us know if we miss a topic that is important or affects you! We would love to hear from you!
How do I prevent other people from seeing my answers?
- We might ask you some sensitive questions. You might not want other people to see your responses to these questions. You could either lock your phone with a password or delete the text messages you send us afterwards.
I changed my phone number. How do I keep participating?
- No problem! Just contact us and let us know your new phone number! Call, text or email us at email@example.com or 734-249-9276.
What do I do if I don’t want to participate anymore?
- Just text back the word STOP to our questions. You will not get any more text messages from our study. Thanks for participating!
Got another question not listed here?
Email or text us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-249-9276 and we will get back to you!